So Memorial Day was this past Monday. My family watched this movie called Taking Chance. I've never really thought about Memorial Day much, never really understood why it was made a holiday, until now. This is a day not to just take for granted, "oh yay! off work!" uh, no. It's not an excuse to go to a ton of cookout's and eat good food, it's about remembrance. A day to sit back, and think about those who you've probably never met, but yet, gave their lives so you could have the choice to go to church, so you could have the choice to say what you want, and go where you want, so you could be free. Don't get me wrong, it's awesomesauce to hang out with friends and go to cookout's, I like doing that, but just make sure you don't forget those who have died for your freedom. They deserve respect for their service, their loyalty, their bravery. Do your part. I will never again pass a person in uniform without saying thanks, or just, something.
I really suggest that you see Taking Chance. It's such a good movie! It's about a man that died while fighting for our country, and his escort taking his remains back to his family. And it's a true story. So go watch it.
I've thought for a long time that I would like to serve my country when I get older. But every time it came up in my mind I would push it aside. I thought, "I don't want to stinking die somewhere across the globe, I'm not that, brave. I just can't." (of course I know not everyone loses their life) But now, I think I just might, I dunno, just do something.
In memory of Chance Phelps, 1984-2004 Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment