Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Shadow Proves the Sunshine

So here is my song for the week. This one is right up there with Only Hope on my list, it's amazing. There's a reason Switchfoot is my favorite band. :) One of my most favoritist lines is "Let my shadows prove the sunshine". What that means to me, is like, I want the way I talk, the way I go around my house cleaning up, the way I play a sport, or not make a team, the way I sing, just the way I live in general, to prove the sunshine in me. To prove that I've been saved by a wicked awesome God who loves me more than anything, there's no reason for me to go around depressed, unhappy, or angry. I have all the reason to celebrate! He's just worth it you know? So anyway, here's the lyrics.


Sunshine won't you be my mother,
Sunshine, come and help me sing.
My heart is darker than these oceans,
My heart is frozen underneath.

We are crooked souls trying to stay up straight,
Dry eyes in the pouring rain.
The shadow proves the sunshine,
The shadow proves the sunshine.
Two scared little runaways,
Hold fast to the break of daylight,
The shadow proves the sunshine.

Oh Lord, why did you forsake me?
Oh Lord, don't be far away.
Storm clouds gathering beside me,
Please Lord don't look the other way.

We are crooked souls trying to stay up straight,
Dry eyes in the pouring rain.
The shadow proves the sunshine,
The shadow proves the sunshine.
Two scared little runaways,
Hold fast to the break of daylight,
The shadow proves the sunshine.

Shine on me,
Let my shadows prove the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment