Monday, July 18, 2011

My Paper Heart

The words are on the tip of my tongue,
But I can't seem to put them in order.
I try to let everything go,
But I'm hitting all the wrong notes.

The keys are crumbling under my fingers,
My weaknesses are clouding my mind.
I struggle cause I know I'm not strong enough,
The fear of failing haunts my steps.

I'm waiting on You,
Sometimes I get so tired of myself.
I want more than this,
I want to do more then just exist.

I try so hard, to hide the fact that my heart is fragile.
Give me the life that Jesus breathes.

I dig myself so deep sometimes,
That in the depths I lose sight of the light.
I'm finding now I don't have to be strong enough,
Though I mess up You remind me that You are love.

I'm waiting on You,
Sometimes I get so tired of myself.
I want more than this,
I want to do more then just exist.

I want You to shine through,
Make me into something new.
Your love is the only thing that can burn this paper heart,
And make me complete.

c*c

No comments:

Post a Comment