Saturday, February 12, 2011

Silence is Listening

Silence. Such a simple word, but it has such power behind it. It's in silence, that we really take notice of the things around us. Turn off the music, the TV, the whatever and pause the talking. Just...listen. Listen to the wind, sway with it. Listen to the rain, dance in it. Listen to the birds as they sing, fly with them. Listen to the dogs barking with glee, run with them. Listen to the plants grow, just do it. Run away from the city noises and go to a place where you can just, be. Be part of a bigger picture, part of something bigger than yourself. Discover the huge puzzle in which the pieces are all around us, we just have to put them together. Life is happening all around you. I've found that silence is the key to becoming something we are not, becoming what we were intended to be from the very beginning. The last thing we need is to be heard. Listen to God, the One who could come as a tidal wave, as a raging fire, but instead, He chooses a still small voice. One that can only be heard, through silence. One that can only be heard by taking a break from ourselves, and focusing on Him. So just pause. Focus. Listen. Smile at what you find. Remember the past, but remember to go forward. Silence...for a moment.

Psalm 46:10- "Be still and know that I am God."

"Maybe I should spend a little more time in the garden, and a little less time in the fast lane."
- Jon Foreman

c*c

2 comments:

  1. That's what I've been trying to say. Or hear. Mostly hear. Hear what needs to be heard. Listen to the nothing of silence. Say absolutley nothing. Let Him breathe through me. Just stop. Know that He is God and that's all that matters. Know that I am human, and that far from matters. Know that nothing I say will mean anything unless I've heard the nothing of silence.

    ReplyDelete